EPA’s Smart Growth Program just published City Green: Innovative Green Infrastructure Solutions for Downtowns and Infill Locations, a collection of 12 case studies of projects across the country that showcase cities overcoming challenges to implementing green infrastructure.
While implementing green stormwater infrastructure on large sites is relatively easy, how can you obtain the benefits in small areas with unknown soil conditions?
Case studies include:
- The Waltham Watch Factory, Waltham, MA
- Queens Botanical Garden, Flushing, NY
- The Kensington Creative and Performing Arts High School, Philadelphia, PA
- The Radian Complex, Philadelphia, PA
- The Sand River Headwaters Green Infrastructure Project, Aiken, SC
- The Menomonee Valley Industrial Center, Milwaukee, WI
- The Uptown Normal Circle, Normal, IL
- The Metro Green Line, St. Paul, MN
- Stapleton Greenway Park, Denver, CO
- Santa Fe Railyard Park and Plaza, Santa Fe, NM
- Mint Plaza, San Francisco, CA
- Thornton Creek Water Quality Channel, Seattle, WA
NewTerrain July 1, 2016.